Tire eating refers to abnormal tire wear. There are many reasons for tire eating, and the phenomenon of tire eating is diverse.
1. Generally, there are some reasons as follows:
1)There is a problem with the suspension installation or adjustment.
2) Some parts of the suspension have quality problems or have been damaged, and they will change during driving after suspension adjustment
3) When the suspension upper and lower support plates are welded to the axle, left and right are asymmetry.
4) Steel wheel rim’s quality problem cause it .
5) Air brake system quality problem. The brakes are not synchronized, the brakes are locked too fast, etc., which may cause a tire to wear abnormally;
6) The uneven distribution of the center of gravity of the whole vehicle causes uneven force on the tires and wear abnormally. This situation also includes uneven force on the tires caused by the unevenness of the leaf spring stiffness.
7) The center line of the whole vehicle is offset, and there is a zigzag walking situation when the vehicle is driving, causing wear on both sides of the tire.
2. Related reasons with axle:
1）Tire eating caused by the bending of the axle body, this type of tire eating is mainly on the inner side of the inner tire. If the axle is bent forwards or backwards, the outer tires may be more serious.
2）Brake shoes and S-camshafts are not returning properly.
3）The brake drum is out of round, causing the tires to stay in the same position and wear quickly every time when braking.